This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Installing Crucible on Linux and Mac
When trying to start Crucible I get the following message:"FishEye/Crucible requires Java 1.8 or greater. Your version is 1.7.0_95."But 1.7 is the lastest OpenJDK version, which is explicitly supported. How can I skip this invalid error message?
Um, no, OpenJDK 1.7 is NOT explicitly supported, only OpenJDK 1.8 (and only on Linux).
And 1.8 is the latest version of Openjdk. It might not be the one available in your repositories, but it is out.
In that case the information on the website it incorrect:https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/installing-crucible-on-linux-and-mac-298977373.html:"The version of Java should be 1.8.x (or 1.7.x for OpenJDK)."
Can someone confirm?
Yup, that's a definite error.
Atlassian are good at updating the "supported platforms" pages, and I always rely on them. https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/supported-platforms-298977375.html states 1.8 is the only supported version. Obviously, someone didn't get around to updating the duplicated information...
Hi Pieter,
You're correct, although the Supported Platforms page states that support to Java 7 was removed on FishEye/Crucible 3.9, the install docs were not updated accordingly. I've updated the install docs both for 3.9 and 3.10 to reflect this change.Thanks for noticing and reporting this. Regards,Gustavo
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.