Let me start out by saying we love Source Tree and have been using it for a few years now. We have a locally hosted Stash Repository we us it with (on a different server.)
We have the latest version of Source Tree installed. This issue showed up in the last few versions, but now it is pretty much unusable.
I'd tell you the version number, but Source Tree isn't responding right now, so I can't check.
When we start Atlassian Source tree, CPU usage by Source Tree climbs to 50%. Memory usage climbs to anywhere between 3G and 7G.
Sometimes if you wait 20 or 30 minutes, the memory usage will fall to around 0.5G and the program will start responding.
We see this behavior on first boot and any time a new commit is pulled in and/or a new commit is available remotely, but not yet pulled in.
If it becomes responsive enough to tell me the version number I'll post it. I've been waiting 45 minutes so far.
Thanks,
Nathan
P.S. Finally got the version. Even the "About" window is not responding...
Source-Tree-Not-Responding.jpg
P.P.S
Downgrading to version 1.5.2 fixed the issue. Barely any memory used now!
Source-Tree-version1.5.jpg
Source-Tree-1-5-2-About.jpg