I upgraded Bamboo 5.4.2 to 5.8.1.
While trying to resolve issues regarding remote agents not running. I tried instructions from this article:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMKB/All+Bamboo+Remote+agents+cannot+connect+after+an+upgrade
After restarting several times, I can no longer make bamboo start. It gives me the attached screenshot.
err.PNG
Thanks for raising a Support issue with us. Allow me to comment publicly here for future reference.
After looking into your logs we noticed the following stack trace:
2015-05-16 14:37:52,756 FATAL [localhost-startStop-1] [BootstrapLoaderListener] An error was encountered while bootstrapping Bamboo (see below): null java.lang.NullPointerException at java.net.URLEncoder.encode(URLEncoder.java:205) at org.apache.activemq.util.URISupport.createQueryString(URISupport.java:505) at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.BrokerURIUtils.reconstructCompositeUri(BrokerURIUtils.java:270) at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.BrokerURIUtils.decorateBrokerURI(BrokerURIUtils.java:216) at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.DefaultBootstrapManager.getBrokerClientURI(DefaultBootstrapManager.java:239) at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.DefaultBootstrapManager.afterConfigurationLoaded(DefaultBootstrapManager.java:102) at com.atlassian.config.bootstrap.DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager.init(DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager.java:71) at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.BootstrapLoaderListener.contextInitialized(BootstrapLoaderListener.java:95) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4887) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5381) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1559) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1549) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
What happened is that there was an invalid value for bamboo.jms.broker.client.uri. Once we fixed this, the application was back up and running.
bamboo.jms.broker.client.uri
We've written the following KB in case other customers need more details on this:
Thank you!
Best,Thiago BomfimDevTools Atlassian
Can you please create request at support.atlassian.com?
And attach the logs.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.