I started working with a young company that already has a codebase / Git repository in place. They use the command line for Git and they recently have had a few issues with conflicts / confusion. I was just introduced to SourceTree a few weeks before starting, so I don't know it really and I also don't know much about Git yet. My research into Git and Git workflows suggested that what my PM had been discussing as how we should change / standardize the procedure was nearly identical to what I found for the Git-flow process. I showed it to my PM and he agreed that it was what he was imagining.
I really like SourceTree and have been trying to move to Git VCS. I'm not a command-line user, so I really want to use SourceTree and its built in Git-Flow support. I'm also trying to bring it to their attention, but I'm worried what's going to happen if/when I initialize the Git Flow process (use the button). I see the prompts for branch prefixes, which are similar to what is already in place, but I don't know what will be changed in / about the repository. I don't want to say say "Hey I'm going to use this..." and then confuse the heck out out of the other developers because everything is changed and/or broken.
...In addition, I don't think they'd be interested in converting to or using SourceTree at that point.
Thanks in advance.