How can I apply files inside a stash selectively? Rather than right-clicking on the stash and applying it in its entirety?
Unfortunately git stash doesn't support doing this. You basically have to apply the stash, then only stage the parts that you want to commit. You can then re-stash the remainder (or discard it).
ok so the following commandline feature isn't in the SourceTree roadmap yet?
$ git checkout stash@{0} -- <filename>
Git itself does support this.
As stated above, git naturally supports this via
You can even show the stashed version and save it under a different name:
$ git show stash@{0}:<full/filename> > <newfile>
Git is just powerfil like that. :-)
I would love to see the stash feature extended to include these usages in SourceTree.
any updates on this? Cannot find how to apply only certain files/chunks from git stash. I used that on other project with TortoiseHg and like it. Can't find how to do same with sourcetree.
Perhaps no way to do it while applying the stash (that would be nice).
But you can achieve the affect by applying the stash, and then stashing just the hunks that you don't want (leaving the bits/files you do).
Command line equivalent is:
git stash pop stash@{x} git stash -p
Is there a JIRA issue we can vote on for this?
BTW: You can see here (http://stackoverflow.com/a/22555169/40064) how to do it manually.
Recently I looked up `custom actions` but they aren't an option that is available when right-clicking on anything related to a stash.
+1 for the feature. It's really annoying that at the end of 2019 we still don't have it. Please, add it.
FYI I tried the "Keep staged changes" check box when making the stash, but unfortunately this still stashes the staged changes along with the unstaged ones.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.