I've followed http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO40/Integrating+Bamboo+with+LDAP for my Bamboo 4.01 WAR install deployed through Tomcat 6. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have worked - though it may be a case of I'm expecting something different to the way Bamboo works.
I've verified that my atlassian-user.xml works through the use of Paddle and Jxplorer. So, earlier on today I deployed that file to Bamboo and restarted tomcat - but nothing appears to have happened.
I'd expected Bamboo to then search the LDAP server and create users based on all the people it could find, which I could then simply set into the relevant groups (noting that because of BAM-1963 as noted on that page I wouldn't see them listed). Instead, the list of users both within Bamboo and in the database backend behind it remained the same, and the users can't login.
At the time I tried this, we didn't have a "bamboo-users" group which I remember reading somewhere that LDAP users are imported into... I don't know if this had any impact.
I should note that the read-only external user management is off (unticked).
Anyway, was my expectation correct... or does Bamboo simply try to use LDAP to authenticate any new users but each user still has to create an account with Bamboo?
TIA