Before Crucible, my designers did the following:
- Checkout out source code from a svn repository in their working copy(WC) where they can make changes and keep up to date with that branch via 'svn update'
Disadvantage is they cannot perform intermediate checkin of source code but this process is fine for short term bug fixing.
- When the designer is ready to code inspect, they perform an 'svn update' to align the code with the latest submissions.
- The from the WC directory, a svn lazy copy is performed to a private branch where it will be automatically checked out
i.e. svn copy . http://my.com/svn/BA/branches/review/Brent/stuffToBeReviewed
If I use TortoiseSVN, it understands svn's lazy copy concept and only shows the files that were actually changes. These files can be selected and their diffs displayed.
If I use Fisheye and "Go to changeset" for this stuffToBeReviewed branch, it shows every file in the branch whether changed or not and no diffs are available, only the entire file is displayed.
Am I missing a concept or am I forced to create a "working" branch first, check out that "working" branch into a WC, then check the changes from the WC back into the "working" branch before I can get the diffs?