Hello,
We are currently running Bamboo 2.6.1 and I'm trying to do a test upgrade to Bamboo 4.1.2 before upgrading our production server.
Followed the upgrade path 2.6.1 -> 2.6.3 -> 2.7.4 -> 4.1.2 and managed to import the exported zip files into all versions. (A note here: I had to fix the 2.6.1 export's db-export/projects.xml file as the first import to 2.6.3 failed with an integer overflow exception. It's because we have very large artefacts so I had to replace the 10 digits <size>XXXX</size> entries with nine digit values to make the import work).
Anyway apart from this minor problem everything else seems to be working although I will have to run a test upgrade with the whole artefact repository exported from Bamboo as copying the straight 2.6.1 repository layout into 4.1.2 doesn't work.
So my problem is when tried to re-integrate LDAP into the upgraded Bamboo 4.1.2 instance I could not get it working. I have followed the guide at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Integrating+Bamboo+with+LDAP
I have installed the atlassian-user.xml file that I used for 2.6.1 before the initial setup and import of the data into 4.1.2. I did this for the other 2 upgrades 2.6.1 -> 2.6.3 and 2.6.3 -> 2.7.4 and it worked with those upgrades.
After that I could only log in with local admin account. Then I saw in the 4.1.2 guide that I have to enable Custom user repository on the Administration -> User Repositories screen but somehow that option does not show up on my screen! I only have Local users and groups and Users and groups from JIRA or Crowd
Can you please let me know how can I enable the Custom user repository option? Also is there anything I might have done incorrectly to lose this Admin option?
Thank you