Hello,
I'm a bit on panic mode at the moment. This is what happened: I just got a blue screen on my PC right when I was doing a commit into a local branch.
After restarting the PC I openend SourceTree and saw that I was checked out at the master branch instead of the branch in which I was working before the crash. What's more, the branch has disappeared completely and I have no local history at all.
The good news is that it looks like all the changes that I had made are still there. I see all the files in "Staged changes", but I need to stash them before I can switch to another branch (as I don't want to commit to master yet) and I'm getting the following error:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false stash save AfterCrash
fatal: bad revision 'HEAD'
fatal: bad revision 'HEAD'
fatal: Needed a single revision
You do not have the initial commit yet
Completed with errors, see above.
Is there a way to recover the status of my workspace before the crash? What would be the best way to solve this issue?
I will really appreciate any help. Thank you!