I'm trying to find where git branch name is shown in commit dialog but with no luck. I'd like to see branch name so I can quick check that I commit in the right branch of my project. Usually I resize commit dialog window so it completelly overlaps the main window and therefore I don't see branches list. Maybe I just miss specific Preferences option or should I file a feature request?
Hi Alexander,
This is already scheduled. Unfortunately this will only work in Mercurial though as Git has no concept of a new branch indicator.
Cheers!
The branch you're committing to will be displayed in the commit dialog in the next version of SourceTree, but only for Mercurial (as per my linked JIRA issue).
I'm not quite understand you. What do you mean by "concept of a new branch indicator"? As I can see in the current version of SourceTree there is branches list at left side of main window where the current branch displayed in bold. I'd only like to see a name for my current branch (that one displayed in bold) in commit dialog. Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.