Overview: This question relates to a git-svn repository.
Situation:
- I have a checkout of trunk (~= master).
- I create a new local branch based on the master.
- I make some commits (at least one) on the new branch.
- I switch back to the master.
If I merge the local branch into to current one (the master, which is linked to the remote trunk), this will be possible (at least if the svn remotes are up to date, of course). git's status of the merge will be displayed like we expected. But after pushing the new commits to the remotes (the svn), the merge (visible) status will be removed. As a matter of fact, the local branch ends in its own lifeline and isn't be merged in the master anymore. Additionally, all (merged) commits are displayed a second time (in the master).
This was totally "funny" after merging a bunch of commits of trunk into two other branches. Every commit was shown three times.. ,)
My questions are:
- Is this a limitation of git-svn beause after pushing/pulling/rebasing the commits/references are lost?
- Is this a bug of SourceTree?
- Did I get it wrong?