I'm enjoying Sourcetree more and more from day to day.
One thing I can't get to owrk is to open Kaleidoscope as external Diff-Tool. Sourcetree opens Filemerge when I click on External Diff although I configured it in the preferences.
Hmm, that's odd because I use Kaleidoscope myself as my preferred tool. Is this git? If so, please post your ~/.gitconfig file so I can take a look, perhaps there's a setting in there which is overriding it.
the interesting part:
[difftool "sourcetree"]cmd = opendiff \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\"path =
[mergetool "sourcetree"]cmd = /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/opendiff-w.sh \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\" -ancestor \"$BASE\" -merge \"$MERGED\"trustExitCode = true
Yeah, that's clearly FileMerge, it's got out of sync somehow where ST thinks it's set it to something else already. Can you try setting the diff & merge tools to something else, closing the Preferences panel, then re-opening it and setting it to Kaleidoscope again? Please close the Prefs window after doing that and it should update the file.
Oh, my. I am going mad. Looks like my .gitconfig file permissions is messed up. No changes are stored although I selected it in the setup process. Is there a way to rebuild this file from scratch.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.