I do miss something that I see in TortoiseHq. In the graphical log I can display the branch name next to every commit. Also I can display the Node's hexidecimal identifier.
Is it possible that this is an option in SourceTree but I'm just missing it?
The main reason this isn't included is that having a branch associated with each commit is a Mercurial-only feature, it doesn't exist as a concept in Git. Therefore we display the branch in the commit details but not on the log columns (although you can derive it from the graph of course).
Hi Steve,
Is the same true for showing a column with the hexidecimal changeset identifier?
No - the short SHA is displayed in Git repos in fact (because there is no Revision in Git), in Hg we picked Revision, thinking it was more readable (but you can copy the full SHA via the right-click menu).
Perhaps an optional concatentation of revision followed by the hexidecimal identifier. This would be the best of both worlds.
The missing branch name makes it pretty difficult to see what's going on when using mercurial (because it is a basic paradigm). It's fine on the branch-filtered view but when you have a team of 30-40 people and about 10 different branches the branch name per revision becomes pretty important to management of the project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.