I have a develop branch that I just committed files to. During the commit I got a pop-up that said there were merge conflict due to an earlier commit by another developer. Instructions in the pop-up said to go to 'Resolve Conflicts' and use those options. The only options I am given under Resolve Conflicts are 'Restart Merge' or 'Mark Unresolved' neither of which is an acceptable solution. How do i actually resolve merge conflicts?
You have to configure SourceTree to use your merge software. In the Diff tab of the Options dialog, look for the Merge tool dropdown for a list of programs that SourceTree knows how to use out of the box.
You can resolve merge conflicts manually by opening the conflicted files in any editor. The conflicts have been marked up like this:
<<<<<<< HEAD // code from base branch ======= // code from merged branch >>>>>>> branch1
You can then manually edit the code to contain one or the other or a synthesis of both changes and remove the markups. Then stage and commit to complete the merge.
good
I don't understand where to see conflicts and what files need resolution etc. It's so confusing. Where do I click after I hit merge and get the dialog popping up saying to do so? Literally lost.
ugg
I agree with nick t, that is no way to resolve conflicts.
The popup dialog after the merge leaves you in the middle of nowhere. It's not clear where to find the Options dialog.
After reading all the comments here and clicking around in the tool, I finally figured out a reasonable way to do this. Please note that this describes how I did it; it may look different for you:
If you don't have a merge tool, you'll need to edit the files as explained below by Tim Crall.
exactly what i needed. thank you for adding
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.