As part of a cleanup task my team deleted a bunch of old tags and branches that were up to around 10 years old. (We were on CVS and migrated to SVN a few years back)
To do this, we deleted the tags/branches. We first deleted one that we did not care about - to test that we would in fact be able to restore it. It seems like this restore changeset is what is causing the indexing to hang up. The restore command we used is:
svn copy http://mkedevsvn99/svn/dnweb/tags/[tag-name]@15996 <a href="http://mkedevsvn99/svn/dnweb/tags/CCM_M01827_SEP06_V01%C2%A0" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"></a><a href="http://mkedevsvn99/svn/dnweb/tags/%5B" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">http://mkedevsvn99/svn/dnweb/tags/[</a>tag-name] -m "Restoring branch."
To solve this problem we stopped indexing all tags by adding an exclusion (/tags/**/). First I tried to exclude just the one tag that was in that changeset, but it still got hung up on the changeset. Excluding all tags worked.
Unfortunately, we are now starting to regret that decision as it is hard to look in FishEye and see exactly what was committed before a tag was created. I read that it is not possible to just ignore one changeset - are there any other options here?
The only two I can think of:
1) Trying to exclude just the one tag again. I'm pretty sure I did it same as the exclusion now, except instead of the ** it was the tag's name. Re-indexing takes about a day so I would like to avoid kicking off a re-index that will not work.
2) Increase the timeout for indexing and just let it take as long as it needs to. This would take a long time each time we had to re-index.
I would appreciate any help/feedback.
Thanks,
Dan