I think I've been screwing up my pushes to my team's repository. Whenever I make a pull request for a new feature branch that I just pushed, all previous feature branches are attached to the newest pull request.
I think what is happening is, after I push a feature, I finish the feature and it gets merged to my develop branch. Then I create a new branch from develop (which has the previous feature merged to it) and after I push and do a pull request, the previous feature branch is attached to my new pull request.
So my question is, how do I revert the merge of a feature branch to my develop branch after having finished and deleted the feature branch?
What is a good practice for pushing new feature branches and closing them out when finished?
Right now I...
create new branch, commit changes, push, pull request, finish/delete branch.
create new branch after finish/delete of old branch and continue with above steps.
So when i'm tackling 5 features, one after the other, I get 5 pull requests each containing the previous feature's commits.
Do I need to wait to finish/delete my feature branches until after the pull request is merged?
I.E.
create new branch, commit, push, pull request
create new branch, commit, push, pull request
create new branch, commit, push, pull request
branch 1 and 3 are merged
finish/delete branch 1 and 3?