I found a similar question from 2013 with no answers: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/197337/sourcetree-doesn-t-recognize-an-existing-repository
Product: Sourcetree
I'm using Windows 8 with Sourcetree 1.5.2.0
I have a valid git working copy on my local hard drive. If I go to the command-line and run "git status" from within the working directory, it returns:
"Your branch is up-to-date with oprigin/master. Nothing to commit, working directory clean"
The working directory has a valid .git folder.
The problem:
When I try to add this working directory to sourcetree, I get an error saying it isn't a valid working directory. I've tried two ways:
1. File > Open > Select Directory
Error: the path 'somepath/workingdir' is not a valid Git repository working copy.
2. Push the Clone/New button. Select the "Add Working Copy" tab. Select the correct working copy path.
Repository Type: This is not a valid working copy path.
Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks.