Our situation:
We are currently having to re-index our entire perforce repository (81k changelists w/ over 5.3million files) -- Needless to say this is taking quite some time to perform.
Currently a lot of our product releases are held up because the newest of changelists can't be scanned due to the re-index processing other stages of it's operation. This is affecting many of our products.
Proposal:
Could I temporarily set up other repositories in FishEye to scan very specific directories so we can produce Crucible reviews then remove them after the main repository we have set up is caught up? By deleting the temporary repositories, would this affect any crucible reviews made off of them? Would this affect seeing the source code on the associated JIRA activities? Or would the fact that the main repository would then also hold that information and be caught up replace the identical changelists scanned?
I would like Atlassian's input on this one specifically, and definitely any user who has had experience with this in the past.
Alternative:
If this isn't a viable option... is there any way that I can get the newer changelists scanned while the re-indexing is processing?