I just asked this question before but it seems to have disappeared.
Anyway, having some issues with the new subtree functionality in Windows SourceTree v1.5.1.0. Using embedded Git 1.8.3.
I actually have a couple of problems;
* If I set up a subtree link directly to a bitbucket repo, subtree pulls just hang, with the progress bar spinning along until I hit cancel. As far as I can tell, account is correct since I can pull to a normal repository, it just fails when pulling to a subtree. If its related, when I create the link to bitbucket, it initially tries to use an email address instead of an account. I had to change this because email at address at bitbucket cannot be resolved.
* To get around my first issue, I've cloned a repository locally, and I'm linking a subtree from that. when I pull from that, I get the files, but they're all pulled into the wrong folder. They end up in the root of the main repo instead of in the local relative path as specified in the subtree configuration. If its related, a pull from the subtree with squash commit check always fails with
"Can't squash-merge: 'Common\Library' was never added."
I dont understand what that is about, the repo definately has files in it.
With regards to my configuration;
* The shared code repository is located completely outside of the main project repo.
* The source path of my subtree link is set to the root of the common code repo.
* Local Relative path is set a couple of folders into the main repository.
Does anyone have any ideas why a subtree pull always drops files in the root of the repository instead of the local relative path, and why pulling from bitbucket directly keeps hanging?
Thanks and regards,
L.