Hi,
I have a modified powershell script.
Although it show on working copy changes windows, it show nothing in the diff window when i select it!
Any suggestions?
Regards,
S. Mantziaris
If you're using PowerGUI use the File->Encoding menu to choose UTF-8. PowerGUI's default encoding doesn't seem to work nicely in Git.
Are the changes whitespace only?
no, the changes are significant.
is there a git config issue or is it sourcetree?
Hi Alan,
changing the encoding had this result:
Before:
After:
Any suggestions? (TortoiseGit has no issue diffing the file)
I'm sorry to hear that didn't work for you; I was feeling quite positive after I got it working on my system.
Is it possible you've modified your .gitattributes trying to fix this? A line like *.ps1 -text might be problematic (I'm no expert).
My .gitattributes contains:
*.ps1diff*.ps1text
When I made the encoding change, I had to do a "garbage commit" -- my term for when a commit doesn't involve semantic change, but rather changes imposed by a tool. My diff looked like this:
The beginning of the diff also contains some funky characters, which I believe are referred to as the BOM by Unicode enthusiasts.
HTH,Alan
this did the trick.
many thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.