I'm new to Sourcetree, so bear with me. I set up a repository on my desktop computer in the office for my department to use to share files. The repository is located here: //ANNALISA_DESKTO/Users/Box Works/Documents/Electrical Department
I have cloned the repository on my laptop and a co-workers laptop. My clone is located here: C:\Users\boxworks\Documents\Electrical Department
I can make changes to the repository on my desktop and pull them onto my laptop, but I cannot make changes on my laptop and push to the repository. I get an error:
"git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags origin master:master Pushing to //ANNALISA_DESKTO/Users/Box Works/Documents/Electrical Department
remote: error: refusing to update checked out branch: refs/heads/master [K
remote: error: By default, updating the current branch in a non-bare repository [K
remote: error: is denied, because it will make the index and work tree inconsistent [K
remote: error: with what you pushed, and will require 'git reset --hard' to match [K
remote: error: the work tree to HEAD. [K
remote: error: [K
remote: error: You can set 'receive.denyCurrentBranch' configuration variable to [K
remote: error: 'ignore' or 'warn' in the remote repository to allow pushing into [K
remote: error: its current branch; however, this is not recommended unless you [K
remote: error: arranged to update its work tree to match what you pushed in some [K
remote: error: other way. [K
remote: error: [K
remote: error: To squelch this message and still keep the default behaviour, set [K
remote: error: 'receive.denyCurrentBranch' configuration variable to 'refuse'. [K To //ANNALISA_DESKTO/Users/Box Works/Documents/Electrical Department ! [remote rejected] master -> master (branch is currently checked out) error: failed to push some refs to '//ANNALISA_DESKTO/Users/Box Works/Documents/Electrical Department' "
So I'm gathering that I'm supposed to be operating on my desktop from a clone instead of the actual repository? I'm not sure if I'm on the right page here. Can anyone offer some insight?
Thanks. 