Hello, I've faced the merge conflict issue on gatekeeper execution.
How should I resolve it?
git pushgit push command pushes the changes to some local git repoTo file://D:\Program Files\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\_git-repositories-cache\3cb59ff48a74be5951231f36de6d553f0eb914e3 e96e682..ab38a21 Dev -> Dev
merge_conflict.png
i think you should not resolve it on Bamboo. This is there to notify users their branch would not merge.
I would leave it up to the developers to fix that, e.g. by merging the gatekeeper (master?) branch into theirs and fix the merge conflict and push to their branch.Bamboo will have to discard the broken build and the next merge on gatekeeper should succeed (must be a fast-forward now).
You definitely should not manually make changes to Bamboo's clone of your git repository.. Mike Friedrich explained the correct process - have one of the developers who worked on the conflicting file merge the branch manually, then commit and push. Bamboo will pull the change and build it.
Mike, thank you. you really opened my eyes!
Thank you Richard. That's the approach I was looking for.
Happy to help! If you have a spare moment you should accept Mike's answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.