I'm trying to get the auto merge up and working on bamboo. Here's what i *think* i want. Feel free to chime in on better ways.
I've got a master branch and a development branch. Master is basically what's going out to production. Development is the currenty development branch that developers will clone/fork to a new feature branch where they'll work on their features. Then they issue a pull request from the new feature branch to be pulled into the development branch (after a review process)
I'm worried about drift between the feature branches folks are working on and the development branch. For example, two developers clone/fork the development branch at the same time (and have thes ame code) they both work on their features and feature1 finishes first and is pushed to development. I want the new code on development to be put on the feature2 branch automatically.
I thought the Branch Updater feature was the mechanism to make this work. I set a Branch Updater plan my feature1 and feature2 branches that were to merge from the development branch on a successful build of the development branch.
I made a commit and pushed to feature1 branch. Then i created a pull request and pulled the new code onto the development branch. I was expecting bamboo to the pullRequest change set to featureBranch2.
I've tried a couple of permutations using both the Gateway and Branch Updater strategies but haven't been able to find the secret sauce