So I'm getting the classic "JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly. We cannot execute java" error when trying to run Crucible using the run.sh script (for the first time) after installing a standalone JIRA instance. I receive a different error when trying to run without sudo access "Error occurred during initialization of VM. Could not reserve enough space for object heap. Could not create the Java virtual machine."
I have already taken several steps in trying to help myself, mainly:
- Adjusting JVM max and min memory allotments. This have been adjusted to sizes recommended in the JIRA guide.
- Setting JAVA_HOME variable in both /etc/profile and .bashrc. My JDK rests in a folder called /apps/java/jdk1.6.0_25.
- Exporting JAVA_HOME variable immediately before running the run.sh script and echoing it to check that it is set.
I really don't know what else to try. Here is a printout of the relevant portion of my /etc/profile configuration:
export JAVA_HOME=/apps/java/jdk1.6.0_25
export PATH=$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin:$JAVA_HOME/bin
Any help would be much appreciated. The JIRA instance itself is up and running but I would like to have Crucible/Fisheye going as well. Thanks.