1. Configure a subversion repository for a repository that includes the standard structure:tags/project-v1.0/commonserverclienttags/project-v1.1/commonserverclient2. Disable built-in symbolic rules and use custom symbolic rules that include:regex: ^tags/([^/]+)name: ${1}prefix: <none>3. Test the rule with the structure above:test path: tags/project-v1.0/commonContainer: tag:project-v1.0Logical Path: commonLogical Tail: common4. Save5. Build index6. Browse repository in fisheyeEXPECT: Top level directories are:clientcommonserverACTUAL:tags/project-v1.0tags/project-v2.0NOTE:The example is just for tags but trunk and branches are similarly affected.
Hi,
Your symbolic rules look fine to me, but I think there is a bit of confusion over what FishEye shows. When you browse a Subversion repository, FishEye shows the physical paths. Your symbolic rules are used to determine branch/tag memberships and logical paths. You can verify this by going to the revision list for a file and checking the path, branch and tag information associated with each of the revisions.
Cheers,
Michael
In case this is a problem, I have entered a support request also: FSH-8924
While it was not what I expected to see, I do now find that it behaves as I expected. I can select trunk, drill down into trunk/common/Shared/.classpath, and switch to tag project-v1.0 to end up in tags/project-v1.0/common/Shared/.classpath, which is what I was after.
Thanks for providing me the confidence in my configuration to forge ahead
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.