I've tried every instruction on Cherry Picking but I can't see that option when I right click on a SourceTree commit. Can someone give a real step-by-step guide instead of a vague "right click to Cherry Pick". I'm using Mercurial by the way.
Thanks
I only use Git, but this is what it looks like. It shows up for me when right clicking any commit. It is visible but disabled when right clicking "Uncommitted changes".Capture.PNG
In mercurial, it might be called "graft": http://selenic.com/hg/help/graft
thanks so much. I tried it but I still confused. i have branch a and branch b, I created a commit from branch b and changed a line of code. I then grafted the commit I did and the changes I made aren't reflected on branch a.
When you cherry-pick/graft a commit, a new commit will be created with the same changes on the branch that you have checked out. Did you checkout branch a before trying to cherry-pick the changes there?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.