I have a deployment task of type "script" that executes a custom Mcollective RPC agent that restarts a glassfish app server on a remote host. When the deployment project gets to this task it just hangs, never completing. If I run exactly the same mcollective command from the bamboo server's command line, it works fine.
I also have another deployment task as part of the same deployment project that runs mcollective's built-in "package" task against the same remote host, and bamboo seems to have no problem with it. I thought maybe it was because my RPC agent wasn't returning a proper exit code, but I've done some testing and it appears to be returning a code correctly. Now, I'm wondering if it's because I'm using Mcollective's run() command to execute the glassfish restart and perhaps it's running in a subshell that bamboo can't detect, but I don't know why that would be the case, as bamboo is only communicating with Mcollective.
I know it's a very specific issue and may not be bamboo related at all, but since everything appears to work fine when I take bamboo out of the equation, it makes me think that there's something on the bamboo side.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!