Hi All-
I'm hoping you Crucible experts can share your experiences with me... My Development team has done some light evaluations of the various code review tools, and Crucible is the one we like best.
We do a very large majority of our code reviews in a pre-commit mode. We're a Perforce shop with developers using both IDEA and Eclipse.
The only thing that I can't seem to get my brain around is how Eclipse users initiate pre-commit reviews. With the Eclipse Plug-In no longer supported, it seems as though we have to ask our developers to run some sort of obscure script to generate a patch file, and then specify that file as part of the "Create Review" process?
Our IDEA developers apparently can still initiate a code review using the plug-in -- although with the Eclipse plug-in no longer supported, I don't feel like I can rely on that either.
I'm happy to use the Crucible site to actually capture the review feedback -- but I'm very concerned that our Developers won't embrace a tool that is cumbersome when it comes to actually initiating the reviews themselves. Something that plugged into Perforce, or even a standalone bridge that streamlined the review creation process, seems like a big missing piece before I can recommend this software for purchase.
So that said -- what am I missing?