I installed bamboo 5.12 and JDK 8 and Tomcat 1.8.5 on my Mac.
But I keep getting the following. Tomcat comes up ok but not bamboo server after running start-bamboo.sh.
This isn't enough information. We need the relevant section of your application logs, preferably the atlassian-bamboo.log file located in the <bamboo-home>/logs/* folder.
<bamboo-home>/logs/*
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/locating-important-directories-and-files-289277247.html#Locatingimportantdirectoriesandfiles-homeBambooserverhomedirectory
Hi Steven,
logs directory is empty and bamboo home directory is empty.
Rama Tue Aug 16 13:39:21 ~/bamboo_downloads/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.3.1/bin GoAhead>./start-bamboo.sh
To run Bamboo in the foreground, start the server with start-bamboo.sh -fg
Server startup logs are located in /Users/rlinga/bamboo_downloads/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.3.1/bin/logs/catalina.out
Using CATALINA_BASE: /Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4
Using CATALINA_HOME: /Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/
Using CLASSPATH: /Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4/bin/bootstrap.jar:/Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Tomcat started.
Rama Tue Aug 16 13:41:32 ~/bamboo_downloads GoAhead>ls /Users/rlinga/bamboo_downloads/atlassian-bamboo-5.12.3.1/logs/
Rama Tue Aug 16 13:41:46 ~/bamboo_downloads GoAhead>ls /Users/rlinga/bamboo
Rama Tue Aug 16 13:41:52 ~/bamboo_downloads GoAhead>
If the Home Directory is empty, I find that this usually implies that we haven't set up permissions for the Home Directory OR that we do not have dependencies set up correctly (like JAVA).
Home dir perms:
drwxrwxrwx 2 rlinga staff 68 Aug 12 16:04 bamboo
Rama Tue Aug 16 15:19:37 ~/bamboo_downloads GoAhead>echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/
Rama Tue Aug 16 15:20:04 ~/bamboo_downloads GoAhead>echo $CATALINA_HOME
/Users/rlinga/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4
I can't quite figure it out with that much information. I think the best thing I can do is point you toward the resources avaliable –
Please also open a ticket with Atlassian since they will support you through this. https://support.atlassian.com
Thanks a lot Steven. I followed steps as per documentation. Will go thru the links and provide any other info if I think can help this conversation.
@Rama Krishna Linga suggested channel to resolve installation/usage issues is Atlassian Support
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.