Hey,
I have a multitude of web applications that are mostly based in PHP and have quite a deep file/directory structure. Upon making new repositories with SourceTree and Bitbucket and then cloning to a live server all my file and directory permissions have been ignored and changed rendering my web applications useless.
I've read around this topic and found that essentially SourceTree/Bitbucket/Git etc believe that file permissions are irrelevant. How on earth that is an answer to it I have no idea as file permissions can be the death of web applications if not kept intact.
My only work around so far is to do a full recursive chmod on an entire file structure which is just downright ugly. I would like to find out how to retain them throughout any process with sourcetree and bitbucket.
NB - This post has been edited and previously mentioned wordpress. Regardless of the code base a repository uses this issue is still pertinent. And I retract my quote of 30% (apologies) its something more like 18% which is still not to be sniffed at.