Hello,
I'm currently using sourceTree in an offline environment, but the initial splashscreen requires connecting to the Atlassian webserver to start. Is there a way to bypass this and use the current license file I already have for sourceTree?
It is possible to install SourceTree 1.8.2 on an offline Windows environment. This can be done by first installing it on an online computer and registering there. Next, copy the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian (or a subset, perhaps only \SourceTree\sourcetree.license) over to the offline computer. Then SourceTree runs.
I have not yet verified that this solution is in line with the license agreement. Any idea?
Same here. An option to import a license file like 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 would be nice.
Likewise. Updated to 1.8.2 today hoping the licensing system might have been simplified (educational environment, trying to get SourceTree to work well in my classroom, where computers re-image when rebooted). Appears that the opposite has happened, and our offline license file no longer works – getting splash screen / requirement to connect after updating from 1.6.
All help topics on corporate licensing I could find (e.g. https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/sourcetree-license-for-corporate-usage-388404078.html, https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/sourcetree-silent-installation-windows-732267345.html have the following message:
PAGE NO LONGER VALID WITH THE RELEASE OF SOURCETREE FOR MAC OSX 2.2 AND SOURCETREE FOR WINDOWS 1.8
Is there no longer a corporate license key option?
Same problem. Just updated my SourceTree in isolated network and couldn't start it...
And I have the same problem (on Windows).
I did a diff on the contents of %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian from a clean installation before and after registering online.
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\accounts.json is created.
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_<hash>\1.8.2.2\Startup.Profile is modified.
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_<hash>\1.8.2.2\user.config is modified.
After some cursory analysis, my guess is the registration is getting baked into one of the binary objects stored in user.config
Confirmed this on Windows 7 x64 with 1.8.2.2. The sourcetree.license file is no longer used. It appears to be a combination of the following:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\accounts.json
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_<hash>\1.8.2.2\Startup.Profile
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_<hash>\1.8.2.2\user.config
Yup! This worked for me on Windows 7 x64 as well. Thank you.
Thanks for the info, all. FYI - I've posted a new question focused on licensing / pre-configured installs at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/37045042
Can we get a proper solution that isn't a workaround? Shouldn't this be logged as a bug somewhere or do the developers look at the questions here?
Seems that this is a bug so anyone affected should report it as such.
I couldn't find out how to do this the first time round because it was hidden away on the support site. Here's a direct link to report a SourceTree bug: https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/create/4
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3593
Awesome. Hope this fix will make it in quickly.
I am trying to install in an ONLINE environment but each time I attempt to login to My Atlassian the result is a 403 forbidden. How frustrating!!!
Everything was working fine until I upgraded.
SourceTree Version 1.9.1 (Early Release) suffers from the same issue - it wouldn't let you go on without logging into Atlassian.
any progress on getting sourcetree in offline environment?
Same issue.. not able to install without internet
Same here!Our customer compliances disallows direct internet connections from our workplaces for security reasons!
This "feature" implies a very bad image to the security concept & considerations of Atlassian :-(
I guess Atlassian doesn't want us using their software. If older versions supported it, and now newer ones don't, that's sending a pretty clear message to customers. I'll think twice next time a conversation about purchasing newer tools comes up.
Guess I'm luck we still have 1.6 running behind our firewall .
Hey Everyone - Unfortunately, we don't support offline installations. That said, it is a one-time registration and once you authenticate with a valid Atlassian account, you'll be able to use SourceTree entirely offline. In February, we updated our Terms and Conditions to align with Atlassian's Customer Agreement. The registration requires everyone to acknowledge those new terms and also ensure that SourceTree is distributed in accordance with Export Control laws. Sorry for the inconvenience this change has caused.
Thank you for your support.
Rahul
SourceTree Product Manager
Looks like I will have to migrate back to Github. :-(
"Unfortunately, we don't support offline installations." But ... why?
For us this effectively prevents further usage of SourceTree in our company as we automate software distribution for wide-spread products, including automatic (controlled) rollout of updates etc. ...
Very non-customer-oriented move by Atlassian :-(
Hi Rahul, this is very inconvenient and unacceptable for enterprises. How do you deploy/maintain sourcetree at atlassian? How do you force your users to use the latest sourcetree given the the amount of security advisories you send out for git and sourcetree?
I really think Atlassian should think about a way to enable unattended/silent installation for sourcetree, make it managable through sccm. You could validate, while silently installing, if there is a BitBucket Server instance on the local network or something. You are promoting this product and we are paying good money for BitBucket Server each year. We have over 1100 sourcetree installations in our company and they range from version 1.1 to 2.1.10. It's undoable and a great security risk. Please think about this and about your enterprise customers!
I'll add my voice here too. Completely unable to use sourcetree now because of our development environment being complete "air-gapped" from the internet.
What's next? JIRA needing a connection to upgrade?
Got same problem. Offline, without access to HTTPs, only SSH to Bitbucket.
We may switch to GitExtensions.
Same problem. Trying to install on a Windows Server with no internet...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.