Hello, I'm using Atlassian SourceTree to look after some git repositories, however when I create a new one and try to add new files for the first time (not sure if it's essential info for getting help), but this is the error message I get when I try to commit a file:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false add -f -- app/file.txt
error: unable to create temporary file: File exists
error: app/file.txt: failed to insert into database
error: unable to index file app/file.txt
fatal: adding files failed
Completed with errors, see above.
It's a little annoying, because it's not storing anything.
I'm doing this at work under a Novell/Windows environment, so it could be a permission error, but I figured if I'm browsing the network and logged in as me, surely the SourceTree internal git program would store and look at the network as to who it's logged in as.
It works great if I'm using a source directory locally, but it doesn't work on a shared path.
Are there any git/SourceTree boffins out there experienced this problem?