BACKGROUND: With bamboo you have projects and projects contain plan(s). What I did was create a project for each application we deploy in Bamboo. Then within each project I have a plan for dev and qa environments. We don't have any production builds yet occuring in Bamboo.
ISSUE: I'm getting ready to create a plan for production builds. The issue I'm struggling with is whether I should create the production builds within the same project as my dev and qa builds.
The problem I see is how easy it is to accidently kick off a build to an environment and i'm afraid a developer might kick off a production build by accident at the wrong time.
THOUGHTS: I'm torn between putting the production build plan into the same project as the QA and Dev build plans or simply creating a new project, called Production where all my production builds live.
I know this answer is subjective, i'm simply looking for any thoughts others might have on the issue.
Thanks,