Hello,
I'm try to work with subtrees in SourceTree and it always hang.
If i tried to pull and push a subtree in a repo SourceTree hangs, but if I try to pull o push with git commands it works fine.
Where is the problem?
Thanks
Hi Albert,There is a similar issue related into Atlassian Bug Tracker:
And here the SourceTree engineer comment:
Ah, this might be the age old issue where mixed host auth fails with either subtrees or submodules. I think we have this reported elsewhere, but basically there is no prompt for auth when working with subtrees on a different host, so the auth just fails silently and nothing happens.I still have to look into this one and would like to see a resolution as it won't be uncommon that people do this.Cheers
Could you please let me know if is it your case?Kind Regards,Henrique Lechner
Yes It's my case. Is there a solution?
thanks
Albert,I would suggest you to comment in the Bug Report so the SourceTree Developer can analise your case and better help you on it.To a deeper analise if it's possible to provide also the following information in the bug report:
what's the URL format for the subtree in SourceTree itself? Does it have a username in it?
Kind Regards,Henrique Lechner
I've find a solution. I've posted it in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-1819
Albert, Just to better help new users that can face this issue, I'm quoting here your comment from the Bug Report Hey all, I'm working with Stash and SourceTree and i can confirm that is a problem with the authentication of the subtree. When you add a subtree the url is in this format: http://user@192.168.9.200:7990/scm/valen/testsub.git. In this way it doesn't work. you have to change the url for this one : http://user:pwd@192.168.9.200:7990/scm/valen/testsub.git and then all works fine. It's possible that it will be solve un futher versions of SourceTree? Thanks Albert Arnau
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.