I'm getting certificate warnings whenever I push to bitbucket with SourceTree. How do I fix this?
```hg push --new-branch defaultpushing to https://maphew@bitbucket.org/maphew/xxxxxwarning: bitbucket.org certificate with fingerprint 24:9c:45:8b:9c:aa:ba:55:4e:01:6d:58:ff:e4:28:7d:2a:14:ae:3b not verified (check hostfingerprints or web.cacerts config setting)...snip...warning: bitbucket.org certificate with fingerprint 24:9c:45:8b:9c:aa:ba:55:4e:01:6d:58:ff:e4:28:7d:2a:14:ae:3b not verified (check hostfingerprints or web.cacerts config setting)Completed successfully.```
SourceTree v1.3.2.0 on Windows 7.
Hi Matt,
Which version of Mercurial are you using in SourceTree? You can check with Tools > Options > Mercurial. I just updated to the embedded version 2.6.1 and did not get the warning.
If you don't want to update, you can manually add the server fingerprint to the .hgrc file located in your user directory.
[hostfingerprints] bitbucket.org = 24:9c:45:8b:9c:aa:ba:55:4e:01:6d:58:ff:e4:28:7d:2a:14:ae:3b
It's currently using System Mecurial v 2.2.3 (via TortoiseHg, still making up my mind about using SourceTree).
Adding the host manually worked, thanks, though I have to do it per-repository as I can't locate a global .hgrc file; it's not in any of the usual locations (Windows, %HOME% or %HOMEPATH%, %APPDATA%).
You may need to create your own global .hgrc in %HOMEPATH%, Mercurial should look to there by default.
Hi Jeff,
I have the same problem. I am running Sourcetree on Mac with Embedded Mercurial version 2.2.2. How do I update the Mercurial if I don't want to edit the .hgrc file? If I edit that file, would it effect other Window PC connecting to the same repo?
I had the same issue and the solution above (editing .hgrc file) did not solve my problem.
After a lot of messing around apparently I did the following:
The solution was really easy:
.hgrc files are for mercurial repositories only
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.