Hi All,
I am having an issue with getting a remote bamboo agent to connect to the main server due to a dns resolving issue.
The wrapper has the following config:
wrapper.app.parameter.2=http://THRALL.development.metech.com.au/agentServer/
But looking at the log file it fails because:
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/01/24 00:49:07 | 2012-01-24 00:49:07,539 ERROR [ActiveMQ Task] [FailoverTransport] Failed to connect to transport after: 10 attempt(s)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/01/24 00:49:07 | 2012-01-24 00:49:07,539 WARN [Thread-1] [BambooJmsProxyFactoryBean] Exception when running afterPropertiesSet
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/01/24 00:49:07 | javax.jms.JMSException: THRALL.metech.com.au
The problem here is that THRALL.metech.com.au does not resolve, only THRALL or THRALL.development.metech.com.au.
I am not sure where it is getting the first resolution from.
I have tried setting some properties in bamboo-agent.cfg.xml to force the name
<property name="bamboo.jms.broker.client.uri">failover:(tcp://THRALL.development.metech.com.au:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)</property>
<property name="bamboo.jms.broker.uri">tcp://THRALL.development.metech.com.au:54663</property>
but the log still shows it using tcp://THRALL.metech.com.au for some reason:
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/01/24 00:44:52 | 2012-01-24 00:44:51,990 INFO [Thread-1] [BambooActiveMQConnectionFactory] Setting broker URL to 'failover:(tcp://THRALL.metech.com.au:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?initialReconnectDelay=15000&maxReconnectAttempts=10'
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/01/24 00:44:52 | 2012-01-24 00:44:52,178 INFO [Thread-1] [BambooActiveMQConnectionFactory] Setting broker URL to 'failover:(tcp://THRALL.metech.com.au:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?initialReconnectDelay=15000&maxReconnectAttempts=10'
I've set the DNS resolution options in the windows TCP/IP settings, and looked at this page which outlines the problem:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMKB/Remote+Agent+Can%27t+Connect+to+Bamboo+Server+On+Startup
Following it's suggestion (both links goto the same page) i updated the general page config to use the fully qualified domain but it still doesn't work.
Any ideas?
(Sorry about the formatting, it seems to have removed all the new line characters)