I've got a FishEye / Crucible instance that's currently tied to JIRA-Crowd for user management. I need to change to using LDAP instead. I'm not yet running 4.0 (still on 3.10), but I'm thinking this might be easier if I do it before upgrading.
Has anyone done this before? We've done similar things in the past with JIRA, but it often involved adding the new user directory, then running some SQL to "move" users from the old directory to the new, then removing the old directory.
In Fisheye, I can't add an LDAP directory with the Crowd directory present. I'm not sure what happens to all the users if I remove the Crowd configuration. Does anyone know?
The goal is to preserve all ownership of reviews etc currently, otherwise I'd drop drop the users, re-add them with the new directory, and call it job done.
I can't ask Atlassian, since this falls outside the realm of "support". Hoping someone's been down this road and can share.