I've setup confluence and crowd so far without problems (Great documentation so far guys)
I have the default crowd directory setup during install (MS SQL) and have successfully setup an AD Directory (connector) that has synced properly with my DC. I can browse all my users via crowd admin console.
All is good.
Now I only have the admin user in Confluence so far, figured I would pull the users from AD
while reading the Crowd docs .../Integrating Crowd with Atlassian Confluence
it says that I have to create a Confluence directory (can I assume this to be my AD that I created or do I have to create another directory for confluence users? having crowd dir / ad dir / confluence dir) Is the AD Connector I setup fine for the confluence dir if I want to authenticate against AD?
I noticed that it says to create two groups:
confluence-users and confluence-administrators
Should I create those groups in AD and add my user account in AD to the confluence-administrators account and all of the users that I want to give access to confluence to the confluence-users account including mine also of course.
If that is the case,
Will those AD users be able to use their AD login to access confluence now?
will they have to type their AD login information if they have already authenticated their login on their computer (logged on?), or once a user logs on to their computer with AD, and access http://confluence, confluence will automatically authenticate against crowd>AD and the user will be logged in?
Sorry for the basic questions, everything so far with the setup has been a cake walk, but the doc at this point is confusing me a bit.
TIA