We have a Subversion repository with dozens of related projects, each with its own Maven pom.xml file. Currently the layout is:
/project-a/trunk
/project-a/branches
/project-a/tags
/project-b/trunk
/project-b/branches
/project-b/tags
etc. This is pretty standard and works fine with automatic branch detection in Bamboo 4.2. I can set the repository location to /project-a/trunk and it will look for branches in /project-a/branches. However, I've been considering an alternate repository layout that looks like this:
/trunk/project-a
/trunk/project-b
/branches/<branch-name>/project-a
/branches/<branch-name>/project-b
etc. This would allow us to create a branch that encompasses multiple related projects, all of which will be modified together in that branch, instead of creating separate but inter-dependent branches under each project's own trunk/branches/tags structure.
However, this structure doesn't work well with Bamboo. I can configure it to look for branches of project-a under /branches, but then it thinks /branches/<branch-name> is a branch of project-a. In reality, the branched version of project-a is one level deeper at /branches/<branch-name>/project-a.
Is there anything I can do to make automatic branch detection work on this repository setup?
(Of course, I can still add each plan branch manually.)