What's the maximum file size for diff in Sourcetree? I get the message - diff suppressed (file size or pattern). My file is 1.8 MB. What does "pattern" refer to?
There was actually a bug in the suppression algorithm that meant it was ignoring what you set the suppression levels to in Options > Diff and just using 1Mb. That has been fixed in 0.9.2.
Hi Hanspeter
I guess this has been discussed before in here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/156779/difference-in-diif-suppression-between-windows-and-mac-sourcetree
Hopefully it helps!
Cheers
Hi Daryl
I'm on a Mac and file up to 1Mb work fine. I don't know if the 1.8Mb is the reason for the message - diff suppressed (file size or pattern) or is it "pattern". I don't know what "pattern" means. The file compares OK when using the "External Diff" button which starts FileMerge on my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.8.3)
Thanks Steve
After setting the file size limit to 2MB it works.
It works. Thanks.
I believe this is again broken in a recent version of SourceTree (3.2.1) - the suggested fixes do not seem to work?
Was facing the same issue with SourceTree(3.2.1). Had to update the text size limit from 1MB to 2MB then it started working. Hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.