Hi
The external diff works but the external merge does not. Below are my global .gitconfig settings. It worked once, but after that it stopped. When I select "Resolve Conflicts" -> "Launch External Merge Tool" I get a popup saying "Visual Merge in Progress" with Filename and Repository listed and a button to select "Abort".
I also tried updating to the latest 1.6.21 version.
[difftool "sourcetree"]
cmd = 'D:/Program Files (x86)/Beyond Compare 4/BComp.exe' \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\"
[mergetool "sourcetree"]
cmd = 'D:/Program Files (x86)/Beyond Compare 4/BComp.exe' \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\" \"$BASE\" \"$MERGED\"
trustExitCode = true
[core]
excludesfile = C:\\Users\\epatto.SONOSITE\\Documents\\gitignore_global.txt
autocrlf = true
[http]
[push]
default = current
I also tried using "Resolve Using Theirs" and the popup says "Could not update one or more files, please check that no other application is locking your files". Then I started process explorer and it said no process is locking the file.
Then I noticed that the same file was in SourceTrees "Unstaged Files" list. I'm learning git. Why would the file be in the staged and unstaged area? When I clicked on the file in the unstaged area, it disappeared from both the staged and unstaged windows. Strange.
Many thanks for your help
Cheers
Eddie