Hello,
I am running the latest Bamboo version 3.3 on a ubuntu 10.10 64bit.
Today I tried to add a Maven2 job to a build plan but I am struggling with some configuration.
First of all, Bamboo 3.3 seems to have a bug with the Maven2 executable: When specifying the correct build path in the capabilities (for me /usr/bin/mvn) the job will try to execute /usr/bin/mvn/bin/mvn . I figured "/bin/mvn" is somehow hardcoded so I changed the build path to just "/usr" and that worked.
However, now I'm struggling with the M2_HOME directive. In the logs I see that Bamboo is setting them to "/usr"
MAVEN2_HOME=/usr
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.26
M2_HOME=/usr
PATH=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.26/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
which results in
25-Okt-2011 15:14:50 Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/classworlds/Launcher
25-Okt-2011 15:14:50 Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher
25-Okt-2011 15:14:50 at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
25-Okt-2011 15:14:50 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
25-Okt-2011 15:14:50 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
25-Okt-2011 15:14:50 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
25-Okt-2011 15:14:50 at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
25-Okt-2011 15:14:50 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
25-Okt-2011 15:14:50 Could not find the main class: org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher. Program will exit.
This is obviously wrong. But I do not find how to make bamboo change that environment variable. My correct maven2 home is /usr/share/maven2. Or is this possibly another wrongly hardcoded thing like the build path?
Thanks for your help,
Lukas