Can I force the command task to return 0? I'm trying to run a program which runs tests which returns a non-zero exit code whenever a test fails. I want to specify an executable with arguments so I can have it configured as a capability. I have been trying to pass arguments to force a 0 exit code but it doesn't seem to work (e.g. "|| :") even though it appears to be appended correctly in the build logs.
Hello @lintunen,
Usually exit 1 or exit 0 work well. Can you provide your script?
exit 1
exit 0
Sorry my bad, I meant command task. I modified the question text above.
There is no option to force command task to return 0.
But, you can create script task, which uses command capability to execute your command and have full control over return code
As I mentioned previously it's preferred to use executables as capabilities, it's not ideal to use a command task.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.