In my team we use custom build of git-flow, which has some extra features. It would be extreamly helpful for us to tell SourceTree alternative git-flow installation, like it could be done with git.
The reason there isn't a 'system git-flow' setting is that I had to make a couple of changes to git-flow to make it work well from a GUI. I submitted pull requests for those change and you can find them here:
https://github.com/nvie/gitflow/pull/222https://github.com/nvie/gitflow/pull/223
So, any custom version of git-flow would have to have those 2 pull requests applied. Provided you do that, it's possible to use your modified git-flow in SourceTree by manually replacing (or symbolic linking) the directory "SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/gitflow/".
I was hoping no-one would need to do this to be honest, but you're now the second person to ask. What I may do for the next version is expose a way to redirect this but with strong warnings to check out the pull requests above.
Oh, actually I just noticed that nvie has pulled them both into the standard git-flow now, that's awesome and makes this much easier to support in future. I wonder why I didn't get an email about that.
[edit]Still, the changes are only in the develop branch right now and not in the main release so it's still important to check them.
Thanks, this worked for me. One more question: in our custom git-flow, we have an extra stage - for code review. So full cycle looks like start-publish-review-finish. Is there any way to add an extra step to SourceTree UI?
You can add any commands you like to SourceTree using Custom Actions, which has its own tab in the Preferences window. It won't be as pretty of course, but you can hook in almost anything you need there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.