A few weeks ago I asked this group where AI earns its place and where you don't trust it, and the answers landed remarkably consistently: fine for drafts, summaries, and JQL; not fine for governance, compliance, or anything with real consequences.
Nobody disagreed with that line. What I still can't work out is the practical half — what people actually *do* about it.
By "survives a busy sprint," I mean it still happens in the week where the release slipped, someone's out sick, and there's a demo tomorrow. Most review habits are fine when things are calm and quietly die the first time they're inconvenient. Nobody notices they stopped.
Here's where I've landed, and I'd love to be challenged on any of it:
Asking the AI to flag its own uncertainty doesn't work. "Tell me what you're not sure about" feels responsible and doesn't track where the output is actually wrong. You get a confident answer with a confident caveat.
The dangerous failure is omission, not error. Wrong sentences get caught. A sprint summary where every sentence is true and the one blocker that mattered isn't mentioned — that goes straight to stakeholders. Nobody proofreads for absence.
Structural beats diligent. Anything relying on someone remembering to be careful decays. The two that have held for me: make it cite — every claim tagged with the ticket ID it came from, so checking is clicking three links rather than rereading everything — and make it declare absence: "list what you looked for and couldn't find."
Attach it to a ceremony that already has a deadline. The report gets checked in the five minutes before review because that slot exists anyway. A standalone review checkpoint on the calendar is gone by the third sprint.
And whoever ran the prompt is the worst person to check it. They already believe it.
What I'm genuinely unsure about is durability. Has anyone had a review habit last a full quarter? Or does everyone rebuild it every few months after something slips through?
I wrote this up properly as a free course session — no signup, no email.
Full disclosure so nobody feels ambushed: it's a sample session from a paid course I'm building on my own time. That session is free and stays free, and I'd have written it regardless — this community is where the thinking came from.
Mostly, I want to hear what's actually holding YOU up.