Hi everyone,
I’m experimenting with Rovo Agents in Jira Automation and ran into something I’m not completely sure how to handle.
I have an automation that calls the same Rovo Agent whenever an issue moves to a particular status. The prompt is fairly simple and includes the issue details, but I noticed that the agent’s response sometimes seems to be influenced by what happened in previous executions.
For example, if the agent processed Issue A first and then Issue B, the response for Issue B can occasionally feel as though some context from the earlier execution is being carried over.
I was expecting each automation execution to be completely independent unless I explicitly provide previous context in the prompt.
So I’m trying to understand:
- Does a Rovo Agent invoked through Jira Automation maintain any conversation/session context between executions?
- If it does, how is that context scoped — per rule, agent, user, or issue?
- Is there a recommended way to force every automation execution to start with a completely fresh context?
- Are there any differences in context handling between Use Rovo and Use Rovo Agent?
I couldn’t find a clear explanation of this behavior in the documentation, so I’d be interested to hear how others are handling it.