When I thought about Monaco before visiting, I mainly had the usual picture in my head: Casino, expensive cars, yachts and luxury.
And of course, you see all of that there. 😄
For me, Monaco was much more about the views, the sea and how this tiny country is somehow built between the Mediterranean and the mountains.
You walk a little and suddenly you are looking down over the harbour. Then you are at the Cathedral, a few minutes later at the Prince’s Palace, and not much later back between yachts and luxury shops.
I also didn’t expect Monaco to feel so different depending on where you are. Around Monte Carlo it is exactly the Monaco everyone knows from pictures, but in other parts it can suddenly become much quieter and almost completely different.
And yes, seeing the Casino and all the cars around it was fun 😄, but sitting above the harbour and just looking over the Mediterranean was probably my favourite part.
Monaco is one of the smallest countries I have visited, but there is surprisingly a lot packed into such a small place.
Sometimes places you think you already know from TV and pictures are completely different when you finally stand there yourself.
Have you been to Monaco?
Was it like you expected?









