Details:
I use Claude Code (CLI) with MCP servers as a working agent for my business operations, mostly finance and accounting preparation. And other agents for ecommerce development. Its knowledge base today is Notion plus local files, and that split is the actual problem: the rules it needs live in too many places, so it doesn't reliably pick the right one for the task in front of it.
I want Confluence to be the single place it reads procedures from.
What I've done so far:
- Running Claude Code with the Notion MCP server connected; that's the setup I'm trying to replace
- Identified the official Atlassian remote MCP server and its current endpoint, and confirmed OAuth 2.1 discovers the accessible Cloud sites, so no site URL is needed up front
- Plan is to connect read-only first and add write access later, behind a reversible wrapper. I don't want an agent making unlogged changes to a knowledge base
- Not connected yet; I'd rather get the page structure right before pointing an agent at it
Where I need input:
- Is anyone running the Atlassian MCP server with Confluence as an agent's knowledge base? How reliable is retrieval in practice?
- How do you structure spaces and pages so the agent finds the right page instead of a plausible neighbour? One page per procedure, labels, page properties?
- Where's the sensible line between Rovo and an external agent over MCP? Are people using both for different jobs?
- Does anyone deliberately run it read-only, and how do you handle the read / write / search permission groups?
Interested in real setups rather than the marketing version, including what didn't work.