I'm testing about a dozen applications, all written in PHP using Zend Framework, which do their unit testing with PHPUnit. I've recently turned off code coverage for all these builds, as many of them take 30+ minutes to finish a single build with code completion turned on, and 15-60 seconds to do a build with it turned off. I am starting to miss the nice charts which show the code coverage history though.
So, is there a way I can schedule a nightly build which happens when a change has occurred in the last 24 hours? For this build, I will have a custom variable set which will include the code coverage options for PHPUnit. I suppose I could have it do a nightly build whether or not a commit has occurred, but it seems like a waste of build numbers for some of our projects which aren't being actively worked on.
Can anyone think of a way to do this, or a better alternative I'm totally missing?
Thanks!