Unable to add Features/Roadmap items to a Product space despite being the owner
Hi Atlassian Community,
I’m facing what appears to be an account/workspace access issue within Atlassian Product Discovery and would appreciate some guidance.
I am the owner of the Product space within my org for our product, X. However, I’m currently unable to add additional Features, Ideas, or Roadmap items within that Product space.
I’ve tried troubleshooting this multiple times, but I suspect the issue may be connected to how my Atlassian account and workspaces were originally configured.
Before selecting Atlassian for Product Management, I was experimenting with several tools and setups. During that process, I ended up creating two separate Atlassian workspaces/sites. My concern is that my account permissions, Product Discovery access, or organization ownership may now be associated differently across these two environments.
Could someone help me understand:
Can having two Atlassian workspaces/sites associated with the same account create this kind of permissions issue?
How can I confirm which organization/workspace actually owns the BrahmEdge-PD Product Discovery space?
How can I verify whether my account has the correct Product Discovery permissions, even though I am shown as the Product space owner?
Is it possible to consolidate or remove the duplicate/unused workspace without affecting our active Product Discovery setup?
Has anyone encountered a similar issue where they appeared to have ownership/access but were still unable to create new Product Discovery items?
There are also two additional observations that make me suspect that the problem may be related to the organization/workspace configuration:
Suspicion 1: Atlassian is currently unable to verify my company URL/domain. This makes me wonder whether my company, organization, or workspace association has not been configured correctly.
Suspicion 2: Our Atlassian Admin has already invited me to the relevant workspace, and I have access to it, but I am still unable to add new items within the Product space. This makes me think the issue may be deeper than simply being invited to the workspace and could involve Product Discovery permissions, site access, or organization-level configuration.
Due to company security and privacy requirements, I’m unable to attach screenshots or expose our internal Atlassian configuration on a public Community post. However, if an Atlassian Support representative needs specific account, workspace, or configuration details to diagnose the issue, I would be happy to provide the relevant information through an appropriate private/support channel.
Could someone please help me determine whether my hypothesis about the two workspaces is correct, or point me toward the specific permissions/configuration I should check?
Thanks in advance for your help.